Uk Norway Reciprocal Health Agreement

b) European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – The UK funds “needs-based” health care when UK residents temporarily travel to the EU (for tourism, education or work). UK-funded protection may be necessary if the EU or Member States refuse to enter into agreements with the UK or if they refuse to grant full protection to the UK provided by national legislation. In addition, some Member States do not fund health care for those who follow the health care registration process. In order to protect policyholders in the United Kingdom as much as possible, the UK Government will continue to fund health care for the duration of the registration period at the end of the six months, if that Member State has not funded health care for that period (up to one year) and if the person has taken steps to register within local deadlines and no later than six months from the date of departure. This will ensure adequate coverage in the event of delays or excessively long registration procedures. When a person insured in the United Kingdom leaves their country of residence to travel to another country, they must take out comprehensive travel insurance because their AEC is not valid. The current EU Mutual Health Schemes (Reg (EC) 883/2004) help a large number of British nationals who live, work or visit health care in the EEA or Switzerland. The rules require equal treatment of EU and EFTA citizens for access to health care in other Member States. Any EU citizen (or third-country national with economic employment) residing in the UK and moving to the EEA or Switzerland may have access to state-provided health care by paying the same taxes as nationals of that country or those who are entitled to public health care.

Individuals should not hesitate to take steps to put in place adequate sustainable rules for the UK`s withdrawal from the EU because of this additional aid, especially since, for some EU countries, the registration period for persons insured in the UK in their home health system is well less than six months. You must ensure that you have adequate travel and health insurance to cover your stay in these places. The government told BBC News it was trying to negotiate a deal that would allow short-term visitors, such as tourists and business travellers, to obtain health protection. (3) The UK Government will fund the health care of existing insured persons living or working in the UK for a period of six months from the date of Brexit. This provision is intended to give individuals time to make other arrangements for their future health care, including the registration of health care in their country of residence. Their rights are guaranteed by the UK-EU withdrawal agreement, which has been incorporated into UK law. If you plan to live or work in one of the countries of mutual agreement, the information contained in the links below may not apply. Ask the hospital or doctor if a refund is possible. If not, ask the local public health. The agreements do not cover the cost of repatriation to the UK (repatriation) or routine monitoring of existing conditions. Anyone registered as a resident of Norway has the right to access the Norwegian public health system. While travel can be enjoyable, it can sometimes be a challenge.

There are clear links between mental health and physical health, so it is important to take care of yourself during travel and abroad. You can find information on travel with mental illness on our instructions page. For more information, visit the National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC). The V